Immunizations Across the Lifespan
Recorded session from AANP 2017 National Confernece
Release Date: January 26, 2018
Expiration Date: July 31, 2019 (subject to change)
Conference Level: Proficient
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Immunizations have been listed as one of the greatest public health achievements of the 20th Century. Immunizations are one of the greatest preventive measures that Nurse Practitioners can incorporate to prevent diseases in individuals at all ages. Navigating the immunization schedule and updates can seem daunting. This presentation provides the most up-to-date information on current immunization recommendations for all ages, provides information on travel vaccines and discusses new vaccines on the horizon. In addition, strategies are shared for communicating with vaccine hesitant individuals and tips for improving and incorporating immunization services, regardless of your practice specialty.
This CE activity is a recording of a CE session from the AANP 2017 National Conference. It has been edited to meet the format requirements for online learning. If you received CE credit for attending the live session at Conference, you many not receive duplicate credit for this same activity in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
- List the most current recommendations for immunizations for infants, children and adults
- Explain tools and recommendations for travel vaccines
- Identify new vaccines that are being developed
- Incorporate communication models for use with vaccine hesitant individuals
- Outline billing and coding strategies for vaccine services
Audrey M. Stevenson, PhD, MPH, MSN, FNP-BC
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Dr. Stevenson is onSpeaker’s Bureaus with Abbott, Pfizer, Wyeth, Sanofi Pasteur.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.25 Contact Hour(s) of CE