Release Date: August 15, 2017
Expiration Date: August 31, 2019 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Reference Number: 16092318
A post impact survey invitation will be sent to all learners who complete this activity (see below). Participation is completely optional.
This activity will provide the NP learner with education on best practices for adult obesity management, pharmacologic treatments, and optimal strategies for formulating a patient-centered plan of care. Learners will be required to integrate the information, prioritize alternatives, and utilize their clinical judgment in making patient care decisions in the case-based learning activity.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentation(s): Watch all video presentation(s) completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps To Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
After completing this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Identify key recommendations and strategies from current clinical guidelines for the management of obesity
- Compare the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic profiles of anti-obesity medications
- Identify best practices for selecting, initiating, and advancing appropriate pharmacological therapies for patient-specific management of obesity
Angela Golden, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Christine Ashley Kessler, ANP, CNS, BC-ADM, FAANP
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies and is supported by an educational grant provided by Novo Nordisk, Inc. The speakers indicate the following affiliations:
- Angela Golden: Novo Nordisk: Speaker and Advisory Bureau, Health-Script (Orexigen): Speaker’s Bureau
- Christine Kessler: Novo Nordisk: Consultant on obesity and speaker bureau
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
Post Impact Survey
Between 30 to 90 days after this activity is completed, AANP will send out an invitation to participate in a Post Impact Outcomes Survey (PI Survey) . Participation in the survey is optional and does not affect the credit earned. The PI surveys help measure the overall impact of the education content, see how the material impacts practice behaviors and what changes are being made. This anonymous information is crucial in helping the Education department improve current activities as well as guiding AANP in planning future CE activities.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.