Released: January 1, 2018
Expires: July 31, 2019 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Reference Number: 17112909
Telehealth, or the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support and promote long-distance clinical healthcare, patient and professional health-related education, public health, and health administration, is a rapidly growing trend in healthcare. Although the practice is not new, advances in healthcare information technology innovation and the expansion of access to healthcare under the Affordable Care Act have provided a significant boost to telehealth, bringing providers and patients together in ways that were unheard of even a decade ago.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Articles: Read articles/monographs fully.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
After completion of the article, the participants will be better able to:
- Describe three distinct issues with telehealth.
- Identify at least one risk management strategy for each telehealth issue.
- Name two ways to ensure HIPAA compliance using telehealth
Melanie L. Balestra, RN, NP, JD
This program was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Melanie Balestra has no relevant affiliations to disclose
This educational activity may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.