You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Reducing Barriers to Treatment—Billing, Bias & Advocacy
Recorded Session from the AANP 2017 Specialty Conference
Release Date: June 6, 2018
Expiration Date: May 31, 2020 (subject to change)
Conference Level: Competent
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Research shows that many with obesity face weight bias and stigmatization from their healthcare providers, resulting in missed screenings and treatment. Learn how you can deliver care with knowledge and sensitivity and advocate for the health of those with obesity. The ins and outs of reimbursement will be discussed
This CE activity is a recording of a CE session from the AANP 2017 Specialty Conference. It has been edited to meet the format requirements for online learning. If you received CE credit for attending the live session at Conference, you many not receive duplicate credit for this same activity in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
- Discuss how weight bias & stigma affect health outcomes
- Discuss strategies to reduce weight bias & stigma
- Review concepts of billing to maximize reimbursement
- Discuss strategies to advocate for access to quality healthcare for those with obesity
Sandra Christensen, MSN, ARNP, FOMA
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Sandra Christensen has no relevant affiliations to disclose.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.25 Contact Hour(s) of CE
Additional CE activities of interest
Starting & Adjusting Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes in Primary Care
What’s New in Oral Medications for T2DM?
Assessing Elevated Liver Function Tests: A Primer for Primary Care Providers
Introductory Certificate of Obesity Management in Primary Care (Modules 1-7)
Safe Opioid Prescribing Series: How to Safely and Effectively Treat Pain in Primary Care