You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
A Structured Approach to De-prescribing Psychiatric Medication (F21)
Recorded for 2021 Fall Conference
This CE activity was recorded for the 2021 AANP Fall Conference.
|Expires:||October 15, 2022 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
| This activity includes closed captioning.|
|Delivery Note: The content for this activity was previously presented during the 2021 AANP Fall Conference. If you already completed the content of this activity while attending the live or virtual conference, you should not complete this content a second time. Learners should only complete ONE delivery-method to earn credit. Completing multiple delivery options for the same activity is considered duplicate credit for the same content and will not be accepted by regulatory bodies.|
This presentation will help the provider identify individuals who are good candidates for reducing medications and provide the prescriber with a structured approach to the deprescribing process. Practical application and case examples will be provided.
- This presentation will help the provider identify individuals who are good candidates for reducing medications.
- Provide the prescriber with a structured approach to the deprescribing process.
- Practical application and case examples will be provided.
Dr. Erica Ramey, DNP, PMHNP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
The speaker has no conflicts of interest to disclose. The speaker will not promote the use of off label medications.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/ or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/ participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
DisclaimerIndividuals who have contributed to the CE Center (content originally from the 2021 AANP Fall Conference) were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete all educational content:
- OnDemand Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity video lecture. To get full credit for the learning activity portion, you must watch all of the video content.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts and any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all educational content, go to the Next Steps button:
- Submit the activity evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
- Click on the Get Certificate button. At the top of the certificate screen, use the provided dropdown menu and select AANP Certificate of Completion.
- A copy of your certificate of completion will display on the screen for you to print or save. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
- A copy of the certificate will be automatically added to your AANP CE Tracker.
For questions or more information concerning this CE Center activity, contact AANP CE Center Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|0.8 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
All of which may be applied towards Pharmacology
Additional CE activities of interest
2021 Clinical Practice Guidelines for Best Practice in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (F21)
Managing Hypertension in Adults Utilizing an Evidence-Based Approach (F21)
Pharmacology for Obesity Treatment: Today and Tomorrow (F21)
Primary Care Approach to Hypothyroidism (F21)
Managing Heart Failure in 2021: Implementing Guideline Recommendations into Practice (F21)
Updates in the Pharmacologic Management of Asthma (F21)
Practical Pharmacogenetics (F21)
Evaluation and Management of Venous Thromboembolism (F21)
Glutamate in Treatment-resistant Depression: The Who and What of Es/ketamine (F21)
Adult Onset Type 1 Diabetes: How To Navigate Diagnosis and Management in Primary Care (F21)
Understanding Suicidality: Assessment, Treatment and Prevention for the Health Care Provider (F21)
Ten Essentials Every Practitioner Must Know: The Importance of Integrated Care (F21)