Updates in Real Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Use for Nurse Practitioners
AANP 2022: Real Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring - Symposium
Expires: 08/31/2023 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Real-time continuous monitoring (rtCGM) allows patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) and providers to detect glycemic variability in real time, a feature not addressed with intermittent fingersticks or A1C. This allows providers to discuss and set targets for “time in range,” the daily average amount of time the patient’s blood sugar is within a defined range or TIR, thereby improving blood glucose control and hypoglycemia awareness, and reducing the risk of well-known serious acute and chronic associated complications of type 2 diabetes.
This program was recorded live at the 2022 National Conference. We recognize that background noises can be distracting and thank you for your patience!
- Have increased knowledge regarding clinical trial and real-world data supporting use of real-time continuous glucose monitoring (rtCGM) in various clinical practice settings.
- Have increased knowledge regarding interpretation of ambulatory glucose profile (AGP) report data.
- Have increased knowledge regarding adjustment of diabetes treatment regimens based on rtCGM data.
- Have greater competence related to utilization of rtCGM in practice.
Davida F. Kruger, MSN, APN-BC, BC-ADM
Kathryn E. Kreider, DNP, FNP-BC, BC-ADM, FAANP
Diana Isaacs, PHARMD, BCPS, BCACP, BC-ADM, CDCES, FADCES, FCCP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
Davida F. Kruger, MSN, APN-BC, BC-ADM, has the following relevant financial relationships:
Kathryn Evans Kreider, DNP, FNP-BC, ADM, FAANP, has the following relevant financial relationships:
- Consultant or advisor for: Abbott; Aventis; Cequr; Eli Lilly; MannKind; Medular; Modules; Novo Nordisk; Sanofi
- Speaker or member of speakers bureau for: Aventis; Cequr; Dexcom; Eli Lilly; Novo Nordisk; Sanofi
- Research funding from: Abbott Diabetes; BetaBionics; Dexcom; Novo Nordisk
- Stock options from: Pendulum
Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, BC-ADM, CDCES, FADCES, FCCP, has the following relevant financial relationships:
- Consultant or advisor for: Novo Nordisk
- Speaker or member of speakers bureau for: Novo Nordisk
- Consultant or advisor for: Eli Lilly; Insulet; Lifescan; Sanofi
- Speaker or member of speakers bureau for: Abbott; Bayer; Dexcom; Medtronic; Novo Nordisk
- Research funding from: Dexcom
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.All other Planners have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.Funded by an independent medical education grant from Dexcom.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity.
- Complete the educational content:
- Video Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity presentation. Full participation credit for the activity will be received once the entire video has been watched.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Complete the post-test.
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Support Team at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.25 Contact Hour(s) of CE