Educational Leadership 01 of 12: Philosophy of Teaching - Adult Learning Theories
Part of the Education Leadership Certificate Program | Recorded for the 2022 AANP Fall Conference
This CE activity was recorded for the 2022 AANP Fall Conference.
|Content Expires:||August 31, 2024 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
| This activity includes closed captioning.|
|Delivery Note: The content for this activity was previously presented during the 2022 AANP Fall Conference. If you already completed the content of this activity while attending the live or virtual conference, you should not complete this content a second time. Learners should only complete ONE delivery-method to earn credit. Completing multiple delivery options for the same activity is considered duplicate credit for the same content and will not be accepted by regulatory bodies.|
This session is aimed at the novice/ potential NP faculty, helping to develop a personal philosophy of teaching as well as important considerations when teaching adult learners.
- Describe the importance of developing a philosophy of teaching.
- Identify key components of adult learning principles.
- Recognize important considerations in adult learning with application to NP education.
Margaret Fitzgerald, DNP, FNP-BC, NP-C, FAANP, CSP, FAAN, DCC, FNAP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
Speaker disclosure information:
- No real or potential conflict of interest to disclose.
- No off-label, experimental, or investigational use of drugs or devices will be presented.
- Dr. Fitzgerald is the founder of Fitzgerald Health Education Associates (FHEA) and the developer of FHEA’s certification prep program.
- All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/ or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/ participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
DisclaimerIndividuals who have contributed to the CE Center (content originally from the 2022 AANP Fall Conference) were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete all educational content:
- OnDemand Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity video lecture. To get full credit for the learning activity portion, you must watch all of the video content. A Participation Code will be presented at the very end of the video content. Make sure to write this code down!!!
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts and any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all educational content, go to the Next Steps button:
- Enter the Participation Code that was provided at the end of the video exactly as shown.
- The code will be contain alpha-characters and numeric-characters, no space between them.
- Submit the session evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
- Click on the Get Certificate button. At the top of the certificate screen, use the provided dropdown menu and select Education Leadership Course Certificate.
- A copy of your certificate of completion will display on the screen for you to print or save. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
For questions or more information concerning this CE Center activity, contact AANP CE Center Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|0.9 Contact Hour(s) of CE
Additional CE activities of interest
Educational Leadership 02 of 12: Knowing the Learner
Educational Leadership 03 of 12: Backward Design
Educational Leadership 04 of 12: Developing Course & Learning Objectives
Educational Leadership 05 of 12: Engaging Students through Active Learning
Educational Leadership 06 of 12: Promoting Positive & Inclusive Learning
Educational Leadership 07 of 12: Special Teaching/ Learning Considerations in NP/APRN Education
Educational Leadership 08 of 12: Fostering Clinical Judgment
Module 1: Tobacco Cessation
Nurse Coaching: The Crucial Tool Missing From the Pain Tool Box
Understanding Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Evaluation and Management
Module 2: Telehealth and Tobacco Cessation
Human Trafficking: Nurse Practitioners Leading the Clinical Response