Chronic Kidney Disease and Type 2 Diabetes: Strategies to Improve Patient Outcomes [Publication Modules]
Overview and Diagnosis/Screening for CKD in Type 2 Diabetes | Management of DKD
Expires: 04/30/2022 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
|Delivery Note: The content for this activity is available in multiple delivery formats (OnDemand Interactive and Publication) in the AANP CE Center. Learners completing this activity should only complete ONE delivery-method to earn credit. Completing multiple delivery options for the same activity is duplicate credit for the same content and may not be accepted by some regulatory bodies.|
Click here if you would like to take the Interactive Module content instead.
Data confirm the awareness of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in type 2 diabetes (T2D) remains low among clinicians, especially in primary care because patients are typically asymptomatic. According to the Institute of Medicine, today’s clinicians are more challenged than ever before to remain current with relevant and timely clinical information. This gap in knowledge contributes to variation in care and less than optimal outcomes. Our expert faculty will address the assessment, diagnosis, risk stratification and management of CKD in T2D providing NPs with the tools they need to improve their patient outcomes.
- Identify the indicators that must be present to establish a diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in patients with T2D.
- Summarize key management strategies from current guidelines.
- Apply core measures used in the management of patients with T2D and CKD.
- Identify appropriate glucose-lowering agents for patients presenting with various stages of CKD.
Debbie Hinnen, APN, BC-ADM, CDCES, FAAN, FADCES
Timothy Ray, DNP, CNP, CNN-NP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- Debbie: Consultant/speaker for Eli Lilly/BI, Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi.
- Timothy: no relevant financial disclosures.
All Planners involved in this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Eli Lilly and Company.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain a discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
Note: This multi-module series allows learners to select the modules that they want to complete in any order that they want to complete them in. CE/Rx credit and a completion certificate will be awarded for EACH module that is completed.
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity.
- Complete the educational content:
- Monograph Presentations: Click the Play button to get access to the downloadable PDF monograph of the activity. Learners will be required to read all presented material in the PDF.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Agree to the affidavit statement attesting to reviewing all content as required.
- Complete the post-test and pass with a score of at least 70% (4 attempts allowed).
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|2.11 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.5 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology