At the Heart of the Matter
Course of the Month - February 2023
Other: Acute Care
, Best Practices
, Chronic Care
, Chronic Disease
, Health Promotion
, Heart Failure
, Military/Uniformed Services Health Care
, New Guidelines
, New Medication
, New Treatment
, Treatment Plan
, Urgent Care
, Women's Health
Course of the Month
Each month, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) will offer a continuing education (CE) activity presented by experts from AANP Communities. For the first month that it is offered, the activity will be FREE and only available to AANP members. After the initial month has passed, the activity will become available to both AANP members and non-members for a fee (AANP members will pay a significantly discounted price). The featured activity will rotate each month, so be sure to complete the activity and earn your CE credit before the month ends to benefit from free access!
Are you interested in this activity but not yet an AANP member? Becoming an AANP member can help you save on the purchase of this course and others — and it will provide you a full year of access to exclusive member benefits. Learn more about AANP membership and consider becoming a member today!
|February 28, 2023 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
|Content Expires:||January 31, 2024 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
| This activity includes closed captioning.|
This activity is free for AANP members
from 2/1/2023 - 2/28/2023.
Overview This dynamic presentation will focus on cardiovascular care of diverse patient populations. Using a case study approach we will describe the care of patients with multiple cardiometabolic diagnoses and how to best implement evidence based treatment approaches.
- Discuss how to care for diverse populations with cardiovascular disease.
- Apply evidence-based guidelines to care for patients with lipid disorders, heart failure and coronary artery disease.
- Describe pharmacologic treatments for patients with lipid disorders, heart failure, coronary artery disease and atrial fibrillation.
Colleen Walsh-Irwin, DNP, ANP, AACC, FAANP
Margaret Bowers, DNP, FNP-BC, CHSE, AACC, FAANP, FAAN
Disclosure This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- Colleen Walsh-Irwin has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Margaret Bowers has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
All relevant relationships have been mitigated.DisclaimerIndividuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete all educational content:
- Video Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity video lecture. To get full credit for the learning activity portion, you must watch all of the video content.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts and any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all educational content, go to the Next Steps button:
- Submit the activity evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
- Click on the Get Certificate button.
- A copy of your certificate of completion will display on the screen for you to print or save. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
- A copy of the certificate will be automatically added to your AANP CE Tracker.
For questions or more information concerning this CE Center activity, contact AANP CE Center Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|1 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.75 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology
Additional CE activities of interest
Antimicrobial Update: A Focus on Treatment Recommendations in Sexually Transmitted Infections (F22)
Congestive Heart Failure: An Electrical Perspective (F22)
Update to Hyperlipidemia Treatments (F22)
Understanding Pain Medication Pharmacology, Abuse-Deterrent Formulations, and When and How to Use Them
Emerging Evidence for Treatment of Diabetes and Prevention of Complications (F22)
Obesity Management: Challenges and Solutions (F22)
Benign Lesions & Rashes: What to Do and When to Worry (F22)
Novel Concepts in the Definition, Prevention and Treatment of Cardiometabolic Disease (F22)
Acute Care Radiology Review (F22)
Making Hard Things Easy: Treating Low T and ED (F22)
Pharmacologic Management of Obesity: Improving Health and Reducing Risks in Adolescents and Adults
Pain Management: 2022 and Beyond