Monkeypox: What You Need to Know About Prevention, Identification and Treatment
, Evaluation (Follow-up)
, Evidence-Based Guidelines
, Primary Care
, Treatment Plan
Expires: 05/31/2023 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Webinar Date and Time: 12/7/2022 from 12:00-1:00 PM CT
Dr. Sapna Bamrah Morris of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention discusses the current landscape of the monkeypox outbreak as well as presentation, screening, and treatment. This live webinar will have 45 minutes of presentation and 15 minutes of live Q&A with Dr. Bamrah Morris.
- Define key epidemiologic features of the current U.S. monkeypox outbreak.
- Characterize how the clinical presentation of monkeypox during the current U.S. outbreak differs from its classic presentation previously in west and central Africa.
- Understand the importance of screening patients undergoing evaluation for monkeypox for sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
- Describe current criteria for the use of tecovirimat as treatment for monkeypox.
Sapna Bamrah Morris, M.D., M.B.A.
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
This CE activity is supported by AANP.
All Planners involved in this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The speaker for today's program was provided by the CDC's Monkeypox Outbreak Response.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity. (Note: you must complete the pre-test in order to be able to join the webinar. Make sure you take the pre-test before the scheduled day and time of the webinar event.)
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Webinar Presentation: Attend the live webinar version of this activity.
- To access your Webinar the day of the event,
- Click the green Play button on the My CE Activities page of your account
- When prompted, click the Open Go To Opener button and you will be brought into the Webinar
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
Webinar Support Information
- Test your device:
- Issues with webinar access:
- If you experience issues accessing the webinar on the day of the event, you can contact InReach technical support by:
- When contacting InReach support by any method above, make sure to let the support representative know that you are an AANP learner and that you are attempting to gain access to an event that is about to start or has already started. This will help expedite your support service.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Support team at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.3 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology