Release Date: November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: November 30, 2019 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Reference Number: 17112906
With the inception of telehealth by NASA in the early 1960’s, health care delivery took a leap forward. Patients, health professionals, hospital systems, and communities have all benefited from telehealth. And with the increasing importance of NPs in the delivery of primary care services, they are in a strategic position to optimize telehealth services for patients and families.
This CE activity is a recording of a CE session from the AANP 2017 Specialty & Leadership Conference. It has been edited to meet the format requirements for online learning. If you received CE credit for attending the live session at this conference, you many not receive duplication credit for this same activity in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps To Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
After completion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Demonstrate ways NPs drive efforts to improve access to care with the use of telehealth
- Learn how telehealth has been incorporated into traditional health care delivery models with NPs as the primary providers
- Articulate how NPs are the change agents in health care delivery
Tearsanee C. Davis, DNP, FNP-BC
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. It is jointly provided by The National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), and is supported by the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPi) grant of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Dr. Davis has no individual relevant affiliations to disclose.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.