Alzheimer’s Disease Updates for Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
, Evaluation (Follow-up)
, Health Behavior
, Primary Care
Expires: 03/31/2024 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Original Webinar Date and Time: 3/1/2023 from 12:00-1:30 PM CTOnDemand Recording Now Available for Viewing!
| This activity includes closed captioning.|
Alzheimer's Disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia and the prevalence is increasing. Early diagnosis is crucial for a multitude of reasons. Join NP experts Carolyn Clevenger and Valerie Cotter as they discuss strategies for the evaluation and treatment of AD. Nurse practitioners have an important role in screening for, diagnosing and treating patients with Alzheimer's Disease. Join the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) for this free webinar that provides a comprehensive overview of Alzheimer's Disease.
- Compare strategies for evaluating cognitive impairment in adults.
- Examine recent and emerging research on the utility of imaging and biomarkers for AD diagnosis.
- Summarize current FDA-approved treatments for AD and emerging treatments on the horizon.
- Integrate nonpharmacological strategies to improve outcomes for patients with AD.
- Identify communication strategies to utilize with patients and caregivers.
- Distinguish which patients will benefit from referral to specialty care.
Carolyn Clevenger, DNP, GNP-BC, FAANP, FGSA, FAANValerie Cotter, DrNP, CRNP, FAANP, FAAN
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- Dr. Clevenger has the following disclosures:
- Genentech Advisory Board for the topic of Alzheimer's disease, Otsuka Advisory Board for the topic of agitation in Alzheimer's disease.
- Dr. Cotter has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This CE activity is supported by AANP.All Planners involved in this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity. (Note: you must complete the pre-test in order to be able to view the recording of the webinar.)
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Webinar Presentation: Attend the live webinar or watch the recorded on-demand video of the webinar.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Complete the post-test.
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Support team at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.5 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.25 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology