You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Updated Guidelines for HPV Vaccination: Preteens to Adults
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Research models predict that HPV vaccination can prevent approximately 70% of cervical cancers as well as the other HPV-associated cancers and genital warts in men and women. Yet vaccination rates fall well below the Healthy People 2020 objective of 80% vaccination coverage by age 13 to 15 for all sexes. The World Health Organization (WHO) identified vaccine hesitancy as one of the top ten threats to global health. Dr. Ruth Carrico, PhD, DNP, APRN, CIC guides the learner though the latest evidence-based guidelines for HPV vaccination and strategies to address vaccine hesitancy across the lifespan. Role playing case study vignettes demonstrate patient vaccine counseling techniques.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Take the module pre-test.
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to the blue Next Steps button:
- Complete the post-test
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
- Describe current CDC guidelines for HPV vaccination.
- Identify potential consequences of delayed vaccination.
- Choose the appropriate evidence-based communication strategy/strategies to address vaccine hesitancy/refusal in patients and parents.
- Explain evidence-based strategies for patient/parent reminders to improve vaccine uptake.
Ruth Carrico, PhD, DNP, APRN, CIC
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
Ruth Carrico has the following affiliations to disclose:
- Sanofi Pasteur and Pfizer:
- Research grant
- Advisory board
- Speakers’ Bureau
Funded by an independent medical education grant from Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.25 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.5 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology