Hypertension in Diverse Populations
Recorded Session from the AANP 2018 National Conference
Release Date: September 25, 2018
Expiration Date: March 31, 2020 (subject to change)
Conference Level: CompetentNEW FEATURE: Segment Review
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
The presentation 'player' has a new feature in the menu called Segment Review. Once the presentation is complete, these links allow the learner to go directly to a specific topic area without having to move through the entire presentation a second time. This provides a faster review of those topics in the full presentation.
The presentation explores attitudes and beliefs of hypertension in diverse populations. Precursors of hypertension are preventable with lifestyle changes, yet, diverse populations are not engaging in self-care. The speaker identifies barriers to lifestyle modifications, non-compliance of medications, socioeconomic status, and trust.
This CE activity is a recording of a CE session from the AANP 2018 National Conference. It has been edited to meet the format requirements for online learning. If you received CE credit for attending the live session at Conference, you many not receive duplication credit for this same activity in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, all other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
- Describe epidemiology/pathophysiology of the heart
- Identify diverse populations with the highest incidence for hypertension
- Discuss the impact of hypertension
- Identify performance measures to improve outcomes
Irene Woods Bean, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Dr. Bean has no relevant affiliations to disclose.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.