12 Lead ECG Interpretation
Recorded Session from the AANP 2018 National Conference
Other: Acute Care
, Acute Coronary/Cardiac Conditions
, Arrhythmias/Atrial Fibrillation
, Evaluation (Follow-up)
, Primary Care
Release Date: December 13, 2018
Expiration Date: June 30, 2020 (subject to change)
Conference Level: ProficientNEW FEATURE: Segment Review
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
The presentation 'player' has a new feature in the menu called Segment Review. Once the presentation is complete, these links allow the learner to go directly to a specific topic area without having to move through the entire presentation a second time. This provides a faster review of those topics in the full presentation.
Didactic content and case studies are incorporated into this presentation to increase participants’ knowledge and skills for interpreting 12 Lead ECGs in adult patients.
This CE activity is a recording of a CE session from the AANP 2018 National Conference. It has been edited to meet the format requirements for online learning. If you received CE credit for attending the live session at Conference, you many not receive duplication credit for this same activity in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, all other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
Upon completion of this presentation, the learner will be able to:
- Review the principles behind the 12 views on the electrocardiogram (ECG) and how they align with frontal, augmented & precordial leads
- Interpret axis deviation, if present, on the 12 Lead ECG
- Identify possible pathological events that explain abnormalities on the 12 Lead ECG
- Utilize a systematic approach for interpreting 12 Lead ECGs with the use of case studies
Leslie L. Davis, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, FAANP, FPCNA, FAHA
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. Dr. Davis has no relevant affiliations to disclose.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|2.75 Contact Hour(s) of CE
Additional CE activities of interest
Pharmacology 101: New Drug Update
Antimicrobial Therapy: Best Practice
Black, White and Shades of Grey: Interpretation of Radiographic Studies
Antibiotics Infection and the Evidence: 2019 Update
Common Pediatric ENT Conditions: Current Evidence-Based Guidelines for Practice
A Stepwise Approach to Chest Radiograph Interpretation
Hypertension in Diverse Populations
Bugs and Drugs in the Emergency Department
2019 Contraceptive Update
Approach to the Patient with Abnormal Liver Enzymes
Bacterial Vaginosis: A Review of Treatment, Recurrence, and Disparities