Release Date: September 1, 2016
Expiration Date: August 31, 2018
• CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
With the incidence of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) on the rise, there is a greater need for providers who are well versed in treating the diseases. This activity details the clinical challenges of IBD, discusses current therapeutic approaches such as personalized medicine, and discusses the role of the nurse practitioner in disease management
This program was recorded at the 2016 AANP National Conference. If you have already received credit for this program at Conference you cannot claim credit again for this same program in another format
After completion of this activity participants will be better able to:
1. Understand contributing factors to the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
2. Differentiate Crohn’s disease from ulcerative colitis
3. Understand how medications used to treat IBD work
4. Identify appropriate medication treatment regimens for IBD patients
5. Recognize efficacy and safety of various treatment regimens
Alana Wichmann, MSN, APN, FNP-BC
Ashley Bochenek, MSN, APN, FNP-BC
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies and is supported by an educational grant form Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. The faculty have indicated the following affiliations:
• Alana Wichmann - speaker’s bureau with AbbVie, Inc.
• Ashley Bochenek - speaker’s bureau with AbbView, Inc. and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and as a consultant to Takeda Pharmaceuticals, U.S.A., Inc.
To complete the CE for this activity, review all the content, successfully complete on the online post-test and submit the online program evaluation.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speaker from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, or this online CE opportunity, please contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.