You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Updates
Expires: 10/31/2022 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
|Delivery Note: The content for this activity is available in multiple delivery formats (OnDemand Video and Publication) in the AANP CE Center. Learners completing this activity should only complete ONE delivery-method to earn credit. Completing multiple delivery options for the same activity is duplicate credit for the same content and may not be accepted by some regulatory bodies. |
Click here if you would like to take the Publication content instead.
Nurse Practitioners Nancy Berman and Dr. Shelagh Larson guide the learner through the diagnosis and treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) including emerging therapies. Risk factors and treatments for acute and recurrent VVC are outlined with case studies to apply the knowledge gained. The NPs highlight the impact on women financially, emotionally, and psychologically from VVC that is not always recognized.
- Apply current national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC).
- Compare current pharmacologic treatments for VVC with emerging therapies.
- Discuss risk factors for acute and recurrent VVC.
- Identify the impact of VVC on patient well-being and quality of life.
Nancy Berman, MSN, ANP-BC, NCMP, FAANP
Shelagh Larson, DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC, NCMP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
Nancy Berman has the following disclosures:
Shelagh Larson has the following disclosures:
- Scynexis (advisory board)
- Scynexis (advisory board)
- Merck (Nexplanon trainer)
All Planners have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The content of this activity has been peer-reviewed and approved for compliance.
Funded by an independent education grant from Scynexis.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity.
- Complete the educational content:
- Video Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity presentation. Full participation credit for the activity will be received once the entire video has been watched.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Complete the post-test.
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Support team at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.5 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.5 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology