Next Generation Diabetes Management: Titratable Fixed-Ratio Combination Therapy with Basal Insulin/GLP-1 RA to Better Manage Type 2 Diabetes
Release Date: September 10, 2018
Expiration Date: March 31, 2020 (subject to change)
NEW FEATURE: Segment Review
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
The presentation player has a new feature in the menu called Segment Review. Once the presentation is complete, these links allow the learner to go directly to a specific topic area without having to move through the entire presentation a second time. This provides a faster review of those topics in the full presentation.
Angela Thompson, DNP, FNP-C, BC-ADM, CDE, FAANP presents the latest information on the titratable fixed-ratio combination therapies with basal insulin/GLP1-RA and addresses best practices to implement and intensify this treatment in your patients. A patient with T2DM will also present their perspective and key concepts to overcome common provider and patient barriers to implementing injectable therapy.This activity has been offered as a live presentation as part of a continuing education series offered by AANP. Learners who attended a live presentation for this activity should not also claim CE for this as it is the SAME CONTENT offered in a different format.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Video Presentations: Watch all video presentations completely.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, posttest reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, go to Steps to Receive Credit to complete the posttest and evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit. If other types of credit are offered, these options will be available after completing the activity evaluation.
- Compare and contrast current guidelines for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) not at goal.
- Review data on combination GLP-1 RAs and basal insulin for individuals with T2DM when intensification is needed.
- Identify how fixed-dose combination therapy with GLP1-RA and insulin can help patients achieve glycemic goals.
- Formulate strategies to overcome barriers to the introduction and intensification of fixed ratio therapies.
Angela Thompson, DNP, FNP-C, BC-ADM, CDE, FAANP
This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies. This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi US.
Dr. Thompson has no relevant affiliations to disclose.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the speakers from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
For questions about this online CE activity, or more information concerning the AANP CE Center, contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
All of which may be applied towards Pharmacology
Additional CE activities of interest
Improving Care and Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes: A Nurse Practitioner-Led Charge for Overcoming Insulin Inertia
Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease: The Shifting Paradigm of Individualized Care with SGLT-2s and GLP1-RAs