You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Biosimilars: Changing the Treatment Landscape for Inflammatory Conditions
Expires: 06/30/2023 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Pharmacology is an important tool for nurse practitioners (NPs) who treat patients with inflammatory conditions. Biologics — and now biosimilars — have enriched treatment options for patients with inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, plaque psoriasis and ulcerative colitis. They have been particularly useful in patients who have been nonresponsive or intolerant to conventional therapies.
- Evaluate the role of biosimilars for the management of inflammatory conditions.
- Implement best practices for selecting ideal patients who are candidates for switching to biosimilars.
- Develop strategies to educate patients on biosimilar use in inflammatory conditions.
Lisa Kennedy Sheldon, PhD ANP-BC AOCNP FAANReviewer: Sharon Dudley-Brown, PhD, FNP-BC, FAAN, FAANP
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
The activity faculty have the following disclosures:
- Lisa Kennedy Sheldon - Advisory Board -Pfizer
- Sharon Dudley-Brown - No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
All Planners involved in this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Supported by an independent medical education grant from Pfizer.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the Pretest associated to the activity.
- Complete the educational content:
- Monograph Presentations: Click the Play button to get access to the downloadable PDF monograph of the activity. Learners will be required to read all presented material in the PDF.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Complete the affidavit confirming that you've reviewed all required content for the activity.
- Complete the post-test.
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Center Manager at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.5 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
All of which may be applied towards Pharmacology