Antibiotic Stewardship for Nurse Practitioners
Expires: 05/31/2024 (subject to change)
- CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
Original Webinar Date and Time: 5/4/2023 from 12:00-1:30 PM CTOn-Demand Viewing Now Available!
At least 28% of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary and about half of antibiotics prescribed for respiratory infections provide no benefit. Learn how you can become an antibiotic steward by improving antibiotic prescribing and slowing the spread of antibiotic resistance. Join in as this dynamic panel of experts shares information and opportunities to help you become a champion in this area.
- Review trends in U.S. outpatient antibiotic prescribing.
- Review CDC’s Core Elements of Outpatient Stewardship.
- Describe interventions to effectively improve the problem of antibiotic resistance.
- Describe the DART communication strategy to reduce antibiotic over-prescribing.
Guillermo (Memo) Sanchez, MSHS, MPH, PA-C
Office of Antibiotic Stewardship, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Elizabeth Miller Walters DNP, CPNP, RN
Assistant Director of APRN Operations, Advanced Practice Initiatives and Certification Outreach, American Nurses Credentialing Center
Audrey M. Stevenson, PhD, MPH, MSN, FNP-BCAdjunct Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- Guillermo (Memo) Sanchez has no personal or financial disclosures to report.
- Elizabeth Miller Walters has the following disclosures:
- Organon as a Nexplanon Trainer in the clinical area of Women’s Health NC
- Audrey M. Stevenson has the following disclosures:
- Sanofi -Advisory Board, Speaker's Bureau- Influenza vaccines,manigococcal
- Merck Advisory Board, Speaker's Bureau - Vaccines
- GSK Advisory Board, Speaker's Bureau - Meningococca.l vaccine,Shared Clinical Decision Making
- Seqirus Advisory Board, Speaker's Bureau -Influenza vaccine
This CE activity is supported by AANP and planned in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). All Planners involved in this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Individuals who have contributed to the CE Center were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete the educational content completely:
- Webinar Presentation: Attend the live webinar version of this activity or watch the on-demand recording when it becomes available.
- To access your Webinar the day of the event,
- Click the green Play button on the My CE Activities page of your account
- When prompted, click the Open Go To Opener button and you will be brought into the Webinar if you are attending the live webinar. If you are watching the on-demand recording of the webinar, the Play button will open up the streaming video media player.
- Review all additional materials provided (handouts, post-test reviews, any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all content, click on the blue Next Steps button:
- Submit the evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
For questions or more information concerning this online CE opportunity contact the AANP CE Support team at CECenter@aanp.org.
|1.5 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
0.25 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology
Additional CE activities of interest
At the Heart of the Matter
Pharmacologic Management of Obesity: Improving Health and Reducing Risks in Adolescents and Adults
Hot Topics In Infectious Disease for the PCP
2023 Update on Treatment of Hypertension in Older Adults (N23)
Addressing Substance Use Disorders in Primary Care Bundle
Pain Assessment and Management – All That You Didn’t Learn in School (But Wish You Did!) Part 1 and Part 2
Think Like a Cardiologist: Understanding Results of Cardiovascular Tests (N23)
Endocrinology Tips to Managing Adrenal Disorders in Primary Care (N23)
PCOS: More Than a Period Problem (N23)
COPD and GOLD Guidelines for the Primary Care NP (N23)
Acute Kidney Injury: Diagnosis and Management (N23)
How I Manage Patients on Chronic Opioid Therapy