Multiple Sclerosis and Covid-19 Vaccination
Course of the Month - December 2022
Course of the Month
Each month, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) will offer a continuing education (CE) activity presented by experts from AANP Communities. For the first month that it is offered, the activity will be FREE and only available to AANP members. After the initial month has passed, the activity will become available to both AANP members and non-members for a fee (AANP members will pay a significantly discounted price). The featured activity will rotate each month, so be sure to complete the activity and earn your CE credit before the month ends to benefit from free access!
Are you interested in this activity but not yet an AANP member? Becoming an AANP member can help you save on the purchase of this course and others — and it will provide you a full year of access to exclusive member benefits. Learn more about AANP membership and consider becoming a member today!
This CE activity was recorded for the 2022 AANP National Conference.
|December 31, 2022 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
|Content Expires:||N, 2023 (11:55 p.m. CT)|
CE for this activity will not be available after this date.
| This activity includes closed captioning.|
This activity is free for AANP members
from 12/1/2022 - 12/31/2022.
|Delivery Note: The content for this activity was previously presented during the 2022 AANP National Conference. If you already completed the content of this activity while attending the live or virtual conference, you should not complete this content a second time. Learners should only complete ONE delivery-method to earn credit. Completing multiple delivery options for the same activity is considered duplicate credit for the same content and will not be accepted by regulatory bodies.|Overview This presentation will discuss the use of the COVID-19 vaccination in patients with Multiple Sclerosis who are taking disease modifying therapy.
- Identify the current understanding of MS pathophysiology.
- Understand the mechanism of action for disease modifying therapies in MS.
- Understand the timing and use of the COVID-19 vaccination in the MS patient population.
Calli Cook, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAANP
Disclosure This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- Equity, stock, or options in biomedical industry companies or publishers:
- Allergan - Migraine - Consultant
- AbbVie - Migraine - Consultant
- Board of Directors or officer:
- Alliance for patient access- all disease states including migraine and neurological disease - Board member
- Royalties from Emory or from external entity
- Industry funds to Emory for my research
All relevant relationships have been mitigated.
This educational activity may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience. The activity may contain discussion of published and/ or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/ participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.DisclaimerIndividuals who have contributed to the CE Center (content originally from the 2022 AANP National Conference) were carefully selected for their knowledge and experience in the subject area under review. This presentation is informational only and may contain opinions of the authors from their personal experience that do not necessarily express the opinions of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). The activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Clinical practice is a constantly changing process and new information becomes available every day. Neither AANP nor the contributing individuals can warrant that the material will continue to be accurate, nor do they warrant that the material is completely free of errors upon publication. Attendees and participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
CE Credit Instructions
- Read this activity description, including objectives and disclosures.
- Complete all educational content:
- Video Presentations: Click the Play button to watch the activity video lecture. To get full credit for the learning activity portion, you must watch all of the video content.
- Click on the Additional Resources button to review all additional materials provided (handouts and any other downloadable resources).
- After completing all educational content, go to the Next Steps button:
- Submit the activity evaluation to receive full AANP CE/Rx credit.
- Click on the Get Certificate button. At the top of the certificate screen, use the provided dropdown menu and select AANP Certificate of Completion.
- A copy of your certificate of completion will display on the screen for you to print or save. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
- A copy of the certificate will be automatically added to your AANP CE Tracker.
For questions or more information concerning this CE Center activity, contact AANP CE Center Support at email@example.com.
|0.95 Contact Hour(s) of CE,
All of which may be applied towards Pharmacology
Additional CE activities of interest
At the Heart of the Matter
Pharmacologic Management of Obesity: Improving Health and Reducing Risks in Adolescents and Adults
Nurse Coaching: The Crucial Tool Missing From the Pain Tool Box
Hot Topics In Infectious Disease for the PCP
Head and Neck Cancer Essentials: What NPs Need to Know
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Clinical Pathway
Understanding Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Evaluation and Management
Addressing Substance Use Disorders in Primary Care Bundle
Module 1: Tobacco Cessation
Module 2: Telehealth and Tobacco Cessation
Human Trafficking: Nurse Practitioners Leading the Clinical Response
Updates in the Treatment of Migraine (N23)